The FEC Academy is an expanded opportunity for local governments to learn about the key building blocks of bringing the FEC model of integrated, professional, one-on-one financial counseling as a free public service to their communities – including through leveraging federal funding streams like the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The CFE Fund’s FEC Academy guides cities and counties through each step of planning to launch the model locally, and includes significant CFE Fund technical assistance, access to planning resources and information, and participation in a robust learning community. Upon completion of the FEC Academy, partners will be equipped to mobilize the building blocks to launch the Financial Empowerment Center initiative in their community.
FECs have already helped over 150,000 people, with average incomes of just $21,000, reduce their debt by $225 million and build $46 million in savings. There are already 30 cities and counties offering FEC counseling, with dozens more working towards launching a FEC program – and your city or county can join the movement!
By enrolling in the FEC Academy, local governments receive the following support from the CFE Fund in preparing to launch their FEC initiative:
- Access to a vibrant learning community of all current and previous FEC Public grantees, including regular meetings and trainings, an online discussion board, research opportunities, and a library of templates and guides.
- Access to a customized Salesforce database designed for the FEC initiative that tracks all program efforts and impact, provided free of cost to grantees.
- Support in training FEC counselors, including their successful completion of the FEC Certification Exam, in accordance with the FEC Training Standards.
- Individualized technical assistance support from members of the CFE Fund team focusing on program operations, database maintenance, and sustainability.
- Branding and marketing tools and templates, including customized logos aligned with the national FEC brand.
- Opportunity to participate in innovative pilot projects to advance and professionalize the field of financial counseling.